September 17, 2006
20 ways the world can end
I'm at EuroFOO and later also at EuroOSCon in Brussels. I'll be giving a not entirely off topic talk on thursday on how coops and the open source movement are similar and dissimilar. If you're there come by and say hi. Here at EuroFOO we're doing a quick session tomorrow titled "20 ways the world can end" and for that I need you dear reader: If you have any interesting, scary or just plain good ideas about that please post a comment with a suggestion.
Posted by Claus at September 17, 2006 02:55 PM
1. Gravity fails, and everything not glued to earth disappears into space.
2. Flies learn how to clone themselves out of thin air and sheer willpower and quickly use up all the oxygen. Earth shatters from the weight of their dead bodies.
3. Hyper-acid rain dissolves the planet.
Very good idead. Sadly we never made it past 9 ideas so had to cancel. Maybe its reassuring that people simply couldn?t think of more nightmares than 9
(one of which was "Iron Chef is canceled"
I think I have 20 by my self. And mine would be serious ones. Here's a few:
2) The theory that males are going extinct is really true, and the human races fails to evolve to reproduce asexually (here "World end" = "human extinction").
6) Close-range gamma ray burst.
10) Big Crunch.
17) Black hole enters solar system and distorts space-time around Earth.
19) With no vegetation left, Earth becomes hot, barren, and only the Tuareg survive (again, depending on what you mean by "World end").