I still hope that we will one day remember the last few years as "The Prohibition". This time it is ideas and knowledge sharing that is outlawed and not alcolhol - which of course makes this prohibition a lot nastier than the last one. But there are so many similarities. The law is patently absurd (pun intended) completely out of step with reality and everybody is violating the law all the time.
Here's a round up of reasons the DMCA should be repealed
- The DMCA makes it simpler to rig elections...
- ...by attacking free speech
- It is being applied in attempts to hinder innovation,
- and increase market inefficencies by removing information
- to the detriment of consumers